TIME: 1.5 hours (1 hour classroom, 30 minutes range)
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for the beginner student looking to familiarize themselves with rifles.
What can you expect?
You will learn the bare essentials of properly handling, transporting, storing and shooting a rifle. Ammunition, firearms, range time, eye and ear protection are included in this course. Students must use Heritage Guild firearms in this course. Students will fire the following:
- .22LR bolt action rifle
- semi auto AR-15 rifle
Download our rental catalog to see a list of specific rifles that are available for students of this course. (Please note that only rifles that fit the criteria specified above will be available for students of this course.)
What materials will you be provided?
- Completion certificate (Heritage Certificate)
The Course Outline:
- 3 fundamental firearm safety rules
- bolt action parts and operation
- semiauto AR15 parts and operation
- how to choose the correct ammunition for your firearm
- 5 shooting fundamentals
- common shooter mistakes
- range specific rules
- requirements for transport and purchase in NJ and PA