Heritage Guild Intro to Sporting Clays: $185.00
TIME: 4.5 hours (1.5 hours at Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays)
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for the beginner shotgun enthusiast who has already purchased, or is considering buying, their own shotgun.
What can you expect?
It begins with classroom time at the Heritage Guild in Easton and ends with a live fire portion held at Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays in Coplay, PA.
Students will learn how to properly handle, store, clean, transport, and fire upon moving targets with a shotgun. Range time is more involved than the NRA First Steps Shotgun class.
Ammunition Supplied: 25-50 rounds
Firearm supplied in course (students may supply their own shotgun).
What materials will you be provided?
- Basics of Shotgun Shooting handbook.
- Gun Safety Rules brochure.
- NRA firearms training program brochure.
- NRA completion certificate (satisfies range safety requirements at most clubs and ranges).
The Course Outline:
- Shotgun safety, parts, and operation.
- Three fundamental safe gun-handling rules.
- Three major shotgun parts and their function on different action types.
- Safely demonstrate how to handle a shotgun properly.
- Ammunition and shotgun shooting fundamentals.
- Determine proper ammunition for your shotgun.
- Three types of cartridge malfunctions.
- Determine dominant eye.
- Explain fundamentals of shotgun shooting.
- Explain range commands and procedures to follow.
- Discuss eight NRA rules when shooting and storing a shotgun.
- Reiterate all five shooting fundamentals.
- Safely shoot a moving target from the standing position.
- Shotgun cleaning, storage, and training.
- Identify materials needed to clean a shotgun.
- Outline safety guidelines when cleaning a shotgun.
- Demonstrate proper disassembly and cleaning of a shotgun.
- Explain how to store firearms and ammunition properly.
- Identify shooting sports, activities, and further training opportunities.