Heritage Guild Level I Tactical Carbine: $225.64
TIME: 4 hours (range time)
Who is this course for?
Level 1 Tactical Carbine focuses strongly on the student being able to get their rifle into action quickly. Most students will bring an AR-15 style rifle, but almost any magazine-fed fighting rifle will work (please contact the Training Academy if you wish to use a rifle other than an AR-15).
What can you expect?
Four hours on the range between demo and range exercises.
This course will culminate in all students being able to present the rifle from a slung position and successfully engage targets at varying distances. This is NOT a slow fire / target shooting course. Students will learn to ready their rifle quickly and engage targets using the combat accuracy principal. Proper stance and movement will be emphasized.
Firearms are NOT supplied in this course. All students are required to bring a rifle chambered in 7.62x39 or lower caliber (such as 5.56x45, etc.), a sling (three point recommended, but single or double will do), double magazine pouch, three magazines, and 250 rounds of ammo.
Note: If you do not have a rifle and wish to rent one for this course, please contact Training Academy at 610.258.5500, option 4.
What materials will you be provided?
- Students will receive a Heritage Guild completion certificate.
The Course Outline:
- Basic firearms safety rules.
- Rifle nomenclature review.
- Rifle cleaning and maintenance.
- Fundamentals of marksmanship.
- Zeroing and sight offset.
- Slings and worn location.
- Presentation from slung positions.
- Firing positions and associated range drills.
- Advance/Recover while engaging targets.
- Shooting from cover (barricade drills).
- Malfunction drills.