TIME: 4 hours (range time)
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for the experienced handgun owner.
Please speak to a Heritage Guild instructor if you have any questions on the prerequisites required in order to attend this course (610.258.5500).
What can you expect?
This is a non-NRA course that focuses on using a handgun as a weapon to stop a threat. It consists of classroom discussion on the range followed by live fire practice.
Students will learn how to properly execute a number of live fire drills including drawing from a holster, engaging multiple targets, turning and shooting, flash sight picture, tactical and emergency reloads, wounded drills, malfunction drills, proper weapons clearing, and preparation.
What materials will you be provided?
The Course Outline:
- Handgun safety.
- Three fundamental safe gun-handling rules.
- Explain range commands and procedures to follow.
- Explain how weapons are to be handled between drills (ex. C-1 or 2 holstered).
- Equipment check.
- Proper selection of holster, belt, and pouches.
- Adjust equipment, each student.
- Drawing from a holster and presenting review.
- Weapon clearing and prep.
- Dot Drill warm up.
- Explain the fundamentals of Flash sight picture.
- Emergency reloading.
- Tactical reloading.
- Turning drills.
- Malfunction drills.
- Wounded drills.
- Engage multiple targets.
- Ammunition selection and function testing.
- Review and question & answer period.
Students are required to supply their own eye and ear protection, handgun, strong side hip or drop leg holster, magazine pouch, and no less than three magazines and 200 rounds of ammunition (1911 style pistols will only be allowed if the student is pre-qualified by the instructor). Firearm NOT supplied in course.
Prerequisites: Students must have either completed Heritage Guild Basics of Self Defense Handgun, or have been pre-qualified by a Heritage Guild instructor via Private Lesson prior to attending this course.
What are they saying about Level 1 Tactical Handgun Course?
"I wanted to say that the Tactical class was GREAT! I would highly recommend." - Todd