TIME: 4 hours (range time)
Who is this course for?
This course builds upon the Level 1 Tactical Handgun with a strong focus on movement while shooting.
Please speak to a Heritage Guild instructor if you have any questions on the prerequisites required in order to attend this course (610.258.5500).
What can you expect?
This is a non-NRA course that focuses on using a handgun as a weapon to stop a threat. It consists entirely of range time, with a lengthy live fire portion focusing on movement and close quarters shooting.
Students will learn how to properly execute a number of live fire drills including engaging multiple targets, turning and shooting, moving and shooting, tactical and emergency reloads, wounded drills, malfunction drills, barricade drills, and speed rock drills.
What materials will you be provided?
- Each student will receive a Gun Safety Rules brochure.
- Completion certificate (Heritage Guild Certificate).
The Course Outline:
- Explain range commands and procedures to follow.
- Explain how weapons are to be handled between drills (ex. C-1 or 2 holstered).
- Equipment check.
- Proper selection of holster, belt, and pouches.
- Adjust equipment, each student.
- Drawing from a holster and presenting review.
- Weapon clearing and prep.
- Dot Drill warm up.
- Emergency reloading.
- Tactical reloading.
- Turning drills.
- Malfunction drills.
- Wounded drills.
- Moving and shooting.
- Off Hand shooting.
- Use of cover (barricade drills).
- Engage multiple targets.
- Ammunition selection and function testing.
- Review and question & answer period.
Students are required to supply their own eye and ear protection, handgun, strong side hip or drop leg holster, magazine pouch and no less than three magazines and 250 rounds of ammunition. Firearm NOT supplied in course.