NRA Home Firearm Safety Course: $85.00
4 hours.....classroom only
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for the novice firearms enthusiast. It consists entirely of classroom time, with no live fire portion.
What can you expect?
Students will learn how to properly handle, store, and clean a firearm, how ammunition works, how to identify different types of firearms and actions, and how to safely unload a firearm.
What materials will you be provided?
- Completion certificate
- Home firearm safety handbook
- NRA basic firearms brochure
- Gun safety rules brochure
The Course Outline:
- Rules for safe gun handling
- Major causes of accidents
- Basic Elements of safety
- Three fundamental safe gun-handling rules
- Safety when storing firearms
- Responsibility to teach safety to children
- Identifying and unloading different types of firearms
- Define handgun, rifle, & shotgun
- Identify different handguns and their parts Unload handguns
- Identify different rifles and their parts Unload rifles
- Identify different shotguns and their parts Unload shotguns
- Identify muzzle-loading firearms
- Practical Exercises
- Unload and handle firearms mentioned above
- Types and function of ammunition
- Identify different types of rifle, shotgun, and handgun ammunition
- Explain the firing sequence of a cartridge and shotshell
- Cleaning and storage of firearms
- Demonstrate proper disassembly and cleaning of firearms
- Explain how to store firearms and ammunition properly
What are they saying about NRA Home Firearm Safety Course?
"Thought [instructor] Matt did a great job explaining, demonstrating, and answering my questions."
"Excellent Instructor! Matt did not rush the course. Took time and answered all questions without making us feel uncomfortable."