Women's Defensive Handgun: $150.00
3 hours.....2 hours classroom, 1 hour range
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for the proficient handgun owner.
What can you expect?
This is a non-NRA course and is designed to prepare the female student for the realities involved in a defensive shooting scenario. It consists of classroom time with a live fire portion. Students will learn basic defensive handgun strategies as well as how to properly respond to a violent confrontation.
What materials will you be provided?
- Each student will receive a Gun Safety Rules brochure.
- Heritage Guild completion certificate.
The Course Outline:
- Basic Defensive Handgun Shooting.
- Responsible and ethical use.
- The importance of mindset and states of awareness.
- Carry options on the body (holster placement, handbag, fanny pack, or body band).
- Draw stroke using students chosen carry method.
- Identify target areas on opponent.
- Shoot targets center of mass.
- Flash sight picture.
- Emergency reloads.
- Malfunctions (type 1 & 2).
- Firearms Laws Pertaining to Carry and Self Defense.
- Possession, ownership, and use of deadly force.
- Legal resources.
- Review, questions and answers.
- Students are required to pass NRA Basic or First Steps Pistol, or prequalify with a HG Instructor prior to taking this course.
- Students are required to provide 100 rounds, handgun, and two magazines or speed loaders.
- Firearms are NOT supplied in this course.