Ranges At The Heritage Guild
Heritage Guild of Easton: 10 Yard Indoor Archery Range
Come on out for fun or if you want to hone in on your archery skills. The Heritage Guild of Easton caters to beginners as well as dedicated bowhunters and serious target archers.
*Please call ahead on Saturdays and Sundays for availability of the archery range. We are currently running events and classes and the range may be closed. Thank you.
WALK ON RATE
Heritage Guild of Branchburg: Indoor Test Archery Range
Come visit our temperature controlled, 10 yard indoor test range to work on your shooting form, do some target shooting or get ready for hunting season. All qualified archers are required to complete a Beginner Archery Course or supply proof of taking an accredited archery safety course, complete an information sheet and sign an insurance waiver.
Crossbow shooters will be required to take our Beginner Crossbow Course prior to use.
*Please call ahead on Saturdays for availability of archery ranges. We are currently running events and classes and the ranges may be closed. Thank you.
Qualified young adults under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Heritage Guild of Branchburg: Outdoor 40 yard Archery Range
An 8-lane, 40 Yard Outdoor Archery Range (Handicapped Accessible)
At the Heritage Guild, we educate and prepare our customers to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience. All qualified archers are required to complete a Beginner Archery Course or supply proof of taking an accredited archery safety course, complete an information sheet and sign an insurance waiver. Crossbow shooters will be required to take our Beginner Crossbow Course prior to use.
Qualified young adults under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.Archery Range Policies and Procedures
Archery Range Rules
- Only authorized archers are permitted to use the archery ranges (see "Qualifying Requirements").
- The Heritage Guild, at its discretion, may take any and all necessary action to assure the safe operation and use of its facilities.
- Heritage Guild Archery Placards must be visible and worn on one's person at all times while on the range.
- Permitted Equipment: Longbow, Recurve or Compound bow. Full size Crossbow with minimum draw weight of 75 pounds. (Pistol style crossbow is not permitted). The Heritage Guild reserves the right and has final decision on what may be permitted on the range.
- Only Target /Field Points are allowed. No fixed/mechanical or hunting style broadheads allowed!
- Personal equipment must be inspected by the individual and maintained for safe operation.
- No firearms or hunting allowed.
- No more than six (6) arrows/bolts (one end) will be shot at each relay.
- Relay time will not exceed 10 minutes
- All shooting will be from the marked firing line only.
- Only straight in-lane shooting is permitted. No crossing shots, roving or clout.
- When a "Cease Fire" is called, all arrows/bolts are to be removed from the bows and all bows are to be placed safely on a bow rack. Crossbows must have arrow/bolt removed and the safety engaged.
- Once all bows are secured on a bow rack (crossbows not cocked and unloaded) and the firing line is declared "Clear", archers may enter the range to retrieve their arrows/bolts downrange.
- When the firing line is declared "Hot", archers may retrieve their bows from the bow rack, approach the firing line, nock arrows/bolts and resume.
- The Heritage Guild reserves the right to revoke usage rights to any individual who does not comply with the Archery Range Rules.
Archery Qualifying Requirements
To use our archery ranges, one must complete our Archery Safety Questionnaire and provide proof of having passed an accredited archery safety course* offered by any of the following organizations:
- Heritage Guild Beginner Archery Course*
- Boy & Girl Scout Archery Merit Badge Holder or Instructor*
- Centershot Ministries*
- Go Archery*
- International Bowman's Organization (IBO)*
- National Alliance for the Development of Archery (NADA)*
- National Archery Association (NAA)*
- National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP)*
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)*
- National Field Archery Association (NFAA)*
- National/State 4-H Shooting Sports Program*
- NJ Bow or All-Around NJ Hunters License*
- USA Archery*
- Union County, NJ Archery Range ID Card*
**Not applicable for crossbows. One MUST complete The Heritage Guild Beginner Crossbow Course to use our HG crossbows on our ranges. No exceptions.